Submitter's Name: Ruth Rosenthal
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb. young green string beans-trimmed
- 2 ripe but firm peaches
- 1 small shallot, peeled and sliced paper thin large handful of snap peas, trimmed and sliced down the middle salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 c whole toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
Mix the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously. Set aside.
Bring medium saucepan of water to a boil. Salt and throw in the trimmed green beans. Blanch until tender and crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water.
Pit the peaches and slice into thin slices.
In a large bowl, combine the peaches, shallots, and snap peas. Drain green beans and lightly dry them. Add beans to bowl of veggies and season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly to combine. Scatter the chopped basil and almonds over the top and serve.
Enjoy this delightful summer salad!
This is from the First Mess cookbook. I highly recommend it for our Kaia lifestyle!
- Gluten Free