Recipe Shared By: Jessemy
April 12th, 2017
- 1 T. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 c. vegan butter or coconut oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/4 c. almond butter (no sugar added)
- 1/2 c. sucanat sugar or brown sugar (I used 1/4 c. maple syrup)
- 1/4 c. coconut sugar or natural cane sugar ((I used 1/8 c.)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. fine grain sea salt
- 1 c. oats blended into flour
- 1 c. almonds blended into meal (I used Bob's Redmill Almond Flour)
- 1/4 c. mini dark chocolate chips (or you could shave part of a 70% cacao bar)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, mix flaxseed with 3 T water and set aside for 5 mins.
- Beat butter or coconut oil with almond butter until combined. Add sugars, beat 1 minute, add thickened flaxseed mixture and vanilla until combined.
- One by one, beat in baking soda, baking powder, salt, oat flour and almond meal. Dough should be slightly sticky. If it's dry, add a touch of almond milk or water to thin. Fold in choco chips.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch ball and place on sheet about 2-3 inches apart; they will flatten as the bake.
- Eat one. Share the rest.
Be sure to use GF oats to make it GF
- Gluten Free